Commission a Portrait: The Process in More Detail
1. Select a photo that you would like me to recreate for you. If you are unsure which to choose please feel free to send several photos and I am happy to advise you on which I think would work best. Try to choose as high a quality image as possible as this helps me to get the details right. Images that work best have:-
High image quality
Some contrast in the picture with shade and highlights
Show the character of the person – bear in mind that whilst you know the person I will only be able to pick up on what I can see in the photo(s)
2. Contact me regarding your commission in one of the following ways:-
Use the Order Form which sets out the basic details I require OR
Get in touch via the 'Contact Me' page OR
Get in touch via my Facebook Page
Send me your image(s). I prefer them to be sent electronically in a high resolution format. I will then take a look. If you have sent several images I can advise which will make the best portrait and I will also advise on best composition. At this point we can schedule your portrait so do let me know if you need your picture by a particular date. I will try to make sure I can fit your picture in to suit your timescale
3. Once we have agreed on a layout I will ask for a deposit to be paid which is roughly 30% of the final price and then I will begin your drawing. Usually I will send you a Paypal invoice, however I can also accept payment via a bank transfer. Once I feel that the picture is complete enough for you to be able to see what the final picture will look like I will send you a photo. At this stage you can ask for any tweaks to the picture and I will make any changes.
4. Once complete an image of your final drawing will be sent by email. The image will be low resolution and watermarked, but will be of a good enough quality for you to see the finished product. At this time please make the final payment of the outstanding amount and the final portrait will then be sent securely by tracked post.
If for any reason you are unhappy with your picture please contact me as soon as possible so that we can resolve this.
5. You can order prints of your picture at any time. Whilst you are free to print images on your own computer the quality of the print will depend on how good your printer is. Prints ordered from me will be produced on a printer which is capable of producing giclee quality fine art prints.
If you have any questions or would like to talk through your requirements please get in touch by email or via the contact form
Here you will find a full process for commissioning a portrait. In addition to reading this info please do get in touch if you have any questions or would like to talk through your ideas further. Once you have finished reading click here to go back to 'Commission a Portrait'